Wednesday, February 22, 2012

February 22, 2011-Volume 60: Silence is Golden

The Adventures of the Blind/Low Vision/Visually Impaired (BLOVI) Girl-Volume 60: Silence is Golden

Last week I wrote a blog that was the truth about what was going on in my life with a threat of another custody battle. It was up for a few hours, but I took it down because I realized it could be used against me.  Because I can no longer write the truth about my life, I will be writing nothing and will stop the blog until I can again speak truth.

Columbia, SC is a postage stamp and things get around quickly, some true, some not. In my silence I want everyone to know what is not true. If you hear I am speaking badly about anyone or any institution, it is not true. If you hear I am a bad mother, it is not true. If you hear that my child’s issues are because of my parenting, it is not true. If you hear I am moving away from Columbia, it is no longer true. If you hear I am not working, it is not true. If you hear I have no school placement for my daughter next year, it is not true.

What is true is that for almost two years I have been under attack, bullied and harassed as both a person and a parent.  I wish I could tell the truth about the suffering this has caused my child and I. One day I will tell my story.  I am still a life coach and consultant and a darn good one, but I do work around my child’s schedule and whatever is going on in her life. And I am still a force for change and steadfastly focused on my mission of leaving people and places better than when I found them. My videos will be up every week and my newsletter will be out every month. But my energy is now focused on making sure my child is in a better place and unfortunately, defending myself.

I hope I can write again soon. I may use this time to look over the last 60 blogs and figure out if there is a book here. No matter what, I am still moving forward.

Keep Moving Forward,
Beth (BLOVI) Medlock

No comments:

Post a Comment